A man using a bow and arrow killed several people in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg on Wednesday. According to Reuters, several people are confirmed to have died, while others remain injured.
"The man has been apprehended … from the information we now have, this person carried out these actions alone," police Chief Oeyvind Aas told reporters at a Wednesday night news conference. Aas declined to specify how many have died but said, "several people have been injured and several are dead."
While police typically remain unarmed, officers were immediately ordered to carry weapons nationwide when the attacks were reported. "This is an extra precaution. The police have no indication so far that there is a change in the national threat level," the directorate said in a statement.