Building Better Firearms
Better Firearms Designs was established in November 2011 to produce a modified version of the M1911 pistol that has been dubbed the 1911 Gas Gun — A gas-operated pistol equipped with a fixed barrel that can come in many different calibers.
Our patented fixed barrel piston driven system delivers twice the accuracy with half of the recoil. The piston driven 1911 groups under an inch at 25 yards and under 1.5 inches at 50 yards.
We are currently raising funds so that we can mass produce this piston-driven 1911 and help it reach a much wider audience. This gun is so easy to shoot that we know once it makes it to the market it will be a huge success. Members of the gun industry have even dubbed this gun "The greatest technological advancement in the 1911 in 97 years!" We tend to agree with these experts and know that you will feel the same way about this amazing firearm.
The BFD Patented Fixed Barrel Piston Blowback SystemThe patented BFD Piston Blowback System replaces the movable barrel swinging link locking system of the 1911 pistol with a fixed barrell Piston blowback system consisting of a fixed barrel, gas tube and piston. This is truly a revolutionary advancement in the 1911 design that allows for less muzzle climb and an easier gun to shoot.
- Piston Blowback System features a fixed barrel, gas tube and piston
- Fixed barrel system gives you twice the accuracy of standard 1911 models
- Link lockup system doubles the fire rate
- Virtually no wear experienced by the moving parts, resulting in greatly reduced maintenance
- Self-cleaning system means fewer failures from dirt, debris, or residue buildup
- Interchangeable with standard 1911 parts
- Adjustable extractor greatly reduces the chances of blowback while increasing longevity
- Self-regulating gas systems feeds, fires and ejects a wide assortment of ammunition
- Link System design helps to reduce recoil and occurrences of "muzzle flip"
- Adaptable to a "Widebody" frame design to increase magazine capacity for sustained fire
- Fixed barrel reduces weight for better suppresor support
- Patented BFD Gas system allows for optics mounted directly to the fixed barrel, increasing effectiveness and reducing "battering"
- Available in a wide range of calibers, including 357 sig, 9mm largo, 38 special WC, 40 S&W and 45 super
GD's Larry Lopata Fires the BFD 1911
For Customer Support or more information on this campaign please contact Better Firearms Design at:
Daytona Beach, FL. 32117
Contribute in Tiers
Spend $2500 and receive
$2500 secures you the smoothest 1911 on the market. Once your donation has been received your 1911 can be bought through your local FFL for a dollar, pending you passing a background check, and will be shipped for pick up at the nearest gun shop to you.